I’ve discovered this amazing creamy salad two years ago and now I can’t imagine my life without it. Since it’s so easy to make and since it tastes absolutely delicious, it’s no wonder I tend to make it at least once a week every summer. Those vibrant green beans are cooked in salted water just until they become tender, without losing their bite. After they are cooked to perfection, I cool them down in ice cold water, to make sure they keep their lovely color. While the beans rest in cold water, I make mayonnaise, I mix it with Greek yogurt and season it with garlic and parsley. I dress my chilled beans with this creamy sauce and I devour the salad without regrets.
Ingredients (for 4 servings):
- 500g green beans
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp Greek yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- salt to taste
- Trim the beans. Wash the green beans and trim their ends. Cu them in half using a sharp knife.
- Cook the beans. Fill a large pot with water, cover with a lid and bring to a boil.
- When the water starts to boil, add 1 Tbsp of salt. Add the beans and simmer them for 7 – 8 minutes.
- Blanch the beans. Meanwhile prepare the ice bath by adding 1 cup of ice to a bowl filled with cold water. Carefully drain the beans and immediately place them in the ice bath. Let them cool completely and drain them using a colander.
- Prepare the sauce. Meanwhile prepare the mayonnaise (this is the technique I use). In a large bowl mix it with Greek yogurt, lemon juice and minced garlic.
- Serve. Add the green beans to the bowl and stir. Season with salt and serve it with toast.
- Leftovers. Place the leftovers (if any) in a bowl, cover with cling film and refrigerate for up to 2 days.