This lovely no-bake cheesecake is such an exquisite dessert. It is the perfect ballance between the richness of the condensed milk and the acidity from the limes. It is so flavorful and fresh which makes it the best way to finish a sumptuous dinner.
- 230g digestive biscuits (crushed in a food processor)
- 60g melted butter
- 400g condensed milk
- 250g mascarpone cheese
- 200ml single cream
- 70ml lime juice (I used 3 limes)
- 1 +1/2 Tbsp lime zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp gelatin (+ 2Tbsp cold milk – depending on the instructions)
- Mix together the digestive biscuits and melted butter.
- Butter a 28cm cake tin and line it with parchment paper. Empty the mixture in the tin, level it and press it with a flat-bottom glass (picture).
- Bake it in the preheated oven at 375°/190°C (gas mark 5) for 10 minutes and leave aside to cool.
- Meanwhile prepare the filling. Soak gelatin in milk according to the instuctions on the package. Mix together for at least 5 minutes the condensed milk, mascarpone cheese and cream. Add vanilla extract, lime zest and lime juice, one tablespoon at a time. Add the prepared gelatin.
- Pour the filling into the crust and leave it in the fridge for at least 4 hours, to set. Sprinkle with pistachio and serve.
Homemade condensed milk
- 1 +1/4 cups powdered milk
- ½ cup water
- ¾ cups powdered sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- In a bowl mix together powdered milk and water. Heat mixture in the microwave for 2 minutes.
- Add powdered sugar and vanilla extract and stir until the sugar has dissolved.
- You can skip step 3, the baking part. You just have to level and press the biscuit mixture and cool it in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- You can skip the gelatin. I added gelatin because I used homemade condensed milk. When I use store-bought condensed milk, I skip the gelatin and the recipe still turns out wonderful.