I love peanut butter. I could eat it directly from a jar with my fingers a spoon. Peanut butter is not only tasty, but nutritious too (packed with protein, healthy fatty acids and fiber). Whenever I crave something sweet and peanut-buttery, I bake peanut butter oatmeal cookies. They are delicious and surprinsingly healthy. Oh… and they are dairy-free and gluten-free.
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup packed brown sugar (minus 1 Tbsp, optionally)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp rolled oats
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven at 350°F/180°C (gas mark 4).
- Grind the oats in the food processor for 1 minute (Before & After picture).
- Cream peanut butter and brown sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla extract.
- Add oats, baking soda, cinnamon and salt and mix well.
- Form 14 small balls and press each ball with your fingers to flatten.
- Bake on a tray lined with parchment paper for 8 minutes.