Cookies are always a great idea! Always! Personally, I could stuff my face with cookies on breakfast, lunch or dinner. And again, who wouldn’t? Because I love cookies so much, I’ve been searching for the perfect recipe for years. Last year I stopped searching and since then I’ve been baking these amazing cookies at least twice a month. I think that’s a good sign!
The funny thing is that my favourite cookies are vegan and I wasn’t even searching for a vegan recipe. They are really incredible. They have a lovely crispy crust and a chewy center and the dark chocolate chips go so well with the sweet flavor of the coconut flakes. Should I mention the fact that they are ready in less than 20 minutes?
Ingredients (for 12 cookies):
- ¼ cup + 2 Tbsp soft brown sugar
- ¼ cup coconut oil at room temperature
- ¼ cup warm almond milk (you can use soy/cashew/rice milk)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup white flour
- 2 Tbsp coconut flakes
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 40g dark chocolate (chopped)
- In a bowl combine the dry ingredients: flour, coconut flakes, baking soda, baking powder, salt.
- In another bowl combine the coconut oil with the sugar until you have a paste. Add the warm milk and mix until the mixture is creamy.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix for about 10 seconds. The mixture will seem very dry. Add the chocolate flakes and form a ball using your hands.
- Divide the dough into 12 small balls, place them on a parchment paper-lined baking tray. Using your fingers, flatten each ball.
- Bake the cookies in the preheated oven at 350°F/175°C (gas mark 4) for 10-12 minutes or until they are golden at the bottom but still soft on top.
- Cool them on a wire rack and store them in a cookie jar.
- Sometimes when you add the milk, the mixture might separate. In this case go on with the recipe because this problem will not influence the final result.
- The coconut oil should be at room temperature and not melted.
3 thoughts on “Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies”
These look fantastic – I love a coconut + chocolate combo. I might also be experiencing some jealousy feelings for that cute blue cookie jar… 🙂
Thank you so much, Emily! I’m so glad that you love this combo too!
ps: when I first saw this blue cookie jar I simply felt in love and I had to buy two, just in case! 😀