Sweet and sour chili jam is an amazing thing! It’s a vegan sauce, made from only four healthy and budget-friendly ingredients (chili, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar and garlic). This sauce has the capacity to elevate each and every single dish you can think of, it goes divine with veggies, dairy and meat products, pasta, rice, omelets, burgers or sandwiches. I love chili sauce so much that I’d be even tempted to pair it with tarts and cakes, the only thing that discourages me a tiny bit is the garlic in its composition.
Chili sauce has such a lovely vibrant color. It’s so creamy and dense. It is hot and spicy, fragrant and so flavorful. It is also extremely easy to make at it lasts in the refrigerator up to 2 months. Theoretically. Practically, the jar will be empty in 2 or 3 weeks. I really hope you’ll give it a try!
- 500g red chili peppers
- 1 cup brown granulated sugar – 200g
- ¾ cup apple cider vinegar (5%) – 180ml
- 3 garlic cloves
- Wash the chili peppers and trim their ends. Cut them lengthwise and discard the seeds and veins. Keep 1-2 tsp of seeds for extra spiciness.
- Chop them and place them in the food processor. Add the peeled garlic and grind the ingredients (picture).
- In a medium saucepan combine the vinegar and the sugar. Heat the mixture over high heat and stir until the sugar has melted. Add the mixture from the food processor and 1 to 2 tsp of seeds. Simmer the sauce over low-medium heat until the liquid is reduced by half (thist will take about 30 minutes).
- Carefully place the sauce in an airtight jar and let it cool down. Place it in the refrigerator.Source: www.youtube.com